Monday, June 7, 2010

Post 1.1

So I went home to Houston this past weekend.... It was so sad to see Rachel all laid out in her casket. It was a beautiful ceremony but so hard to watch. Her parents were so distraught, and rightfully, understandably, so. I held my composure until I saw her parents pushing her casket down the aisle of the church and then I couldn't take it anymore. Such a tragedy. Someone at 24 shouldn't be dead. We should be yelling at her for wrecking her car, not wiping away tears thinking of her smile and laughter. It was interesting to watch the funeral though. Although I do not believe in God, I respect others beliefs and their rights to those beliefs. The funeral left me reflecting on my life. It left me thinking about what if I wasn't here tomorrow? We (as people, as a whole) seem to always take life for granted. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, or tonight, or even today. We should be thankful and happy for what we have... Rejoice in ourselves and what we have accomplished, individually. But we should also be proud of the marks we leave on the world. I try to do one great thing for someone else every day, along with learning something new every day. Life is so precious and we only get one. I'm so happy mine is a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment